Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Embed HTML tags into report fields

I have a need to render data returned from a relational DB with spacing intact. The application is a viewer for input data so the end user can determine if the input data is different than the file layout specified so the data will be parsed correctly, so spacing is critical.

I changed to a fixed-pitch font to ensure that the text records align properly in VS (which they do), but when I render to HTML, the spaces collapse (of course). PDFs render correctly, but we were trying for HTML output.

Is there any way to replace the native spaces with   so it will render correctly in HTML? From the other posts, it seems not, but I want to double check.

If anyone knows of a way to do this, I would appreciate any insight.

Thx.See http://blogs.msdn.com/bimusings/archive/2005/12/14/503648.aspx.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment