Thursday, March 29, 2012

embedding html

Just curious if anyone has any hints to embed HTML directly into a report. I
am doing reports that will be exported to excel when run as a subscription
and using an index (which jump to bookmarks) and page breaks to get each
report onto new tabs.
My current report, done with a different tool, has 2 "Help" tabs that are
formatted text that describe how to interpret the report. I need to
replicate this in reporting services. One problem is that textbox in RS is
way too limited in its functionality.
I could probably link out to an HTML page, but I want the new help tabs to
export to excel along with the report.
Any ideas?I can't think of a way until HTML is supported in text boxes.
--
Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
Mariner, Charlotte, NC
www.mariner-usa.com
(Please respond only to the newsgroups.)
I support the Professional Association of SQL Server (PASS) and it's
community of SQL Server professionals.
www.sqlpass.org
"asnewbie+rs=argh" <asnewbiersargh@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:DDC6A10A-32BE-43BE-9296-F2B64769DEAA@.microsoft.com...
> Just curious if anyone has any hints to embed HTML directly into a report.
> I
> am doing reports that will be exported to excel when run as a subscription
> and using an index (which jump to bookmarks) and page breaks to get each
> report onto new tabs.
> My current report, done with a different tool, has 2 "Help" tabs that are
> formatted text that describe how to interpret the report. I need to
> replicate this in reporting services. One problem is that textbox in RS
> is
> way too limited in its functionality.
> I could probably link out to an HTML page, but I want the new help tabs to
> export to excel along with the report.
> Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment