Thursday, March 29, 2012

Embedded Images Not Displaying properly

Hi,

I have a question which i hope someone can help with. When using an embedded image stored on a server in my reporting services report i can see it when proeviewing the report but when it is deployed it no longer is shown on the report. If i try this with an image stored on my local drive it works fine in both preview and deployed mode.

I am wondering why this could be? My initial thoughts are that the security on the file stored on the server may not allow access when the report is run in a deployed state yet it is accessible to the report developper as they have access to the server directory. Does this sound feasible and if not can someone let me know as to why this may not work.

Many thanks,

Grant

Grant,

if you point to the picture just as an resource you should also publish the picture to the proper RS folder like the report.

Or use a web link which should be a "public" one and has to be accessible by every User using RS.

cheers,
Markus

No comments:

Post a Comment