Monday, March 26, 2012

E-mails are stuck in the Outlook

Hi everybody,
When i send E-mails through SQL Mail, they end up in the inbox of MS Outlook
account. Only when i press 'send' mails are sent. I have Microsoft Outlook
2002. I have configured my Hotmail account in it as i don't have MS Exchange.
I have SQL Server 2000 with Service Pack 3. And my machine is windows 2000
with service pack 4. What could be the reason and what are the remedies?
thanks in advance
nomi
You need to leave outlook open. Check Q5 in the following
article:
INF: Common SQL Mail Problems
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315886
-Sue
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:15:01 -0800, "nomi"
<nomi@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>When i send E-mails through SQL Mail, they end up in the inbox of MS Outlook
>account. Only when i press 'send' mails are sent. I have Microsoft Outlook
>2002. I have configured my Hotmail account in it as i don't have MS Exchange.
>I have SQL Server 2000 with Service Pack 3. And my machine is windows 2000
>with service pack 4. What could be the reason and what are the remedies?
>
>thanks in advance
>nomi
>
>
|||Sue,
I have kept Outlook Open, but i still have to press 'send' to send the
e-mails otherwise they are stuck in my inbox.
nomi
"Sue Hoegemeier" wrote:

> You need to leave outlook open. Check Q5 in the following
> article:
> INF: Common SQL Mail Problems
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315886
> -Sue
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:15:01 -0800, "nomi"
> <nomi@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>
|||You can't log off the server either. Log in under the
service account that SQL Server runs under, open outlook and
do not close outlook and do not log out.
If you still have problems, you should switch to Outlook
2000 as there are many issues with using Outlook 2002 or
higher with a non-Exchange mail server. If you loose
connectivity to your Pop3 mail server, even briefly, you can
also have problems.
The solution with the least amount of headaches is to not
use SQL Mail but to use SMTP mail instead. You can find more
information and download an extended stored procedure for
smtp mail at:
http://www.sqldev.net/xp/xpsmtp.htm
-Sue
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:25:04 -0800, "nomi"
<nomi@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
>Sue,
>I have kept Outlook Open, but i still have to press 'send' to send the
>e-mails otherwise they are stuck in my inbox.
>nomi
>"Sue Hoegemeier" wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment