Thursday, March 29, 2012

Embedding Fonts While Exporting To PDF

Hi,
My report requires a special type of font. I have the font installed on the
report server. When I export the report as PDF and view the document on the
report server I am able to see the new font. But when I open the same
document on a machine which doesn't have the font installed, I don't get to
see the font. I understand that there is some way you can configure your pdfs
so that the fonts are embedded within the PDF so that all the clients need
not have the font installed to view the document. Is there any way we can
embed fonts in pdfs using reporting services?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
GeorgeYou can't embed fonts into PDF exports in this version of SRS. Maybe next
version which is due maybe middle of next year. Crystal Reports allows you
to embed fonts in version 9.
"george" wrote:
> Hi,
> My report requires a special type of font. I have the font installed on the
> report server. When I export the report as PDF and view the document on the
> report server I am able to see the new font. But when I open the same
> document on a machine which doesn't have the font installed, I don't get to
> see the font. I understand that there is some way you can configure your pdfs
> so that the fonts are embedded within the PDF so that all the clients need
> not have the font installed to view the document. Is there any way we can
> embed fonts in pdfs using reporting services?
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Georgesql

No comments:

Post a Comment