Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Embedded image does not appear

Hi there!

I've an embedded image (logo) in my report, and in the preview it looks wonderful, but after deploy the logo doesnt appear in the report (report server).

The url of the dead-link-image is http://hamsql1/Reports$BI/Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd?.

I thought that an embedded image is stored "in" the report, but it seems to be an other place. Is it nessecary to deploy an embedded image too? Is it a problem of permissions (i read it in another threat)? How to set these image-see-permission? Or is there an other problem?

Every idea is very welcome!

Thanks,

Torsten

Some new informations:

The imported image is an printable image with 300 dpi. These image does not appear in the report. Another image, 72dpi, appears. Is it possible, that the render is not able to render 300 dpi?

|||

Hello,

What version of Reporting Services are you running? Have you applied the latest service pack? If you go to http://<server>/ReportServer and look in the bottom right you will see the version number.

Also, are both images embedded? Are they both the same image type (gif, jpg, etc.)? Are either of them scaled? Is the sizing option on both set the same?

Try building a new blank report and embedding both images using the wizard defaults. Does it work then?

Larry

|||

HI Larry!

I've Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Version 9.00.3042.00, SP2, running on Win 2003 Server 64 Bit.

Both images are embedded, both are jpg. I tried both, scaled and nonscaled, it seems there is no dependency on scaling or not.

I tried it in a blank report, and again, the 300dpi image does not appear, the 72dpi image is okay.

Torsten

|||

Hello Torsten,

You are running on SP2 Original (http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/sjones/2960.asp) and I have tested on a 32 bit Win 2003 with the same version of SSRS and don't see the problem. I will have to wait until I get home to test the 64 bit versions. Can you share your images with me? It could be image specific. My email is larry at smithmier dot com.

Thanks,

Larry

|||

Hi Larry!

Could you reproduce it?

Torsten

|||

Hello,

Yes, I received your report and images and reproduced it locally (even on a 32 bit machine). I fixed the problem by resaving the JPG as a new file using Paint.NET (http://www.getpaint.net/) and re-embedding it. I am looking at the file itself to see if I can figure out what went wrong, but for now, you should be fine with the new image. I am emailing it back to you.

Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment