Thursday, March 29, 2012

Embedding reporting services as a standalone product

Hi,
In the application that I am working on, we currently use Crystal Reports as
the embedded reporting engine. I am trying to evaluate if we should move
over to Microsoft Reporting Services. However, one thing confuses me. It
seems Microsoft Reporting Services will work only as a server under IIS.
This will not work for our customers. I am wondering if Reporting Services
has any embedded component much like Crystal Reports that we could use.
Thank you in advance for your help.
SunnyVersion 2 will have a web form and a winform that does not require the
server (works with the server if there but does not require it).
--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Sansanee" <sansanee@.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:%23LD40RJ3EHA.1144@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> In the application that I am working on, we currently use Crystal Reports
as
> the embedded reporting engine. I am trying to evaluate if we should move
> over to Microsoft Reporting Services. However, one thing confuses me. It
> seems Microsoft Reporting Services will work only as a server under IIS.
> This will not work for our customers. I am wondering if Reporting Services
> has any embedded component much like Crystal Reports that we could use.
> Thank you in advance for your help.
> Sunny
>

No comments:

Post a Comment