Thursday, March 29, 2012

Embedding an object into report

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the way to embed a plug-in (Chime for Windows)
into my report, so that I can display a certain object from a database, that
is stored there as a string. This Chime plug-in would read the input string
and convert it to video display.
This embedding is easily done in simple HTML:
<embed type='chemical/x-mdl-molfile' display2d=true width=200 height=200
hlabels2d='terminalhetero' structure= [encrypted string from the database
follows]>

I am wondering is there a way to do such embedding straight into my report
by using the report designer features or by modifying an RDL file for my
report?
If I am able to place my <embed...> string somewhere in my report and when the report is rendered as HTML this string is interpreted as an HTML tag, this would be awesome! So far I experimented with displaying <embed...> string in one of my textboxes, but HTML renderer for report obviously interprets my string as a text not as a tag, so instead of seeing plug-in in action I just see the text of my string.

Probably another approach would be to embed an HTML in a report.
That would also be an exiting idea.
I would appreciate any help on this.
Thanks in advance!
Anton.Reporting Services does not support embedded HTML or object tags. The only way you could do this is to post-process the resulting output.|||

Hello,

Can you detail the approach to be taken, please?

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment