Thursday, March 29, 2012

Embedding picture in local report header

Okay. Simple request. I have a local report in my VS2005 project. I want to embed my company logo in the header. How do I do this? When I put an image item on the page it wants me to put something in the value for this? I've tried sending through a dataset but SSRS can't load data set information into the header! Why is this so complicated? I don't want to embed a dynamic database image, just a static image that will be embedded in my program. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Drag and drop an image control to the page header. Select embedded image. Click New image. Select the image that you want to embed. Then click finish. Build and deploy the report. Voila!

|||

This works fine for .rdl files. For me, the image wizard does not come up for .rdlc files. Does anyone know why this is?

|||

I've noticed this too. That's what prompted my original question. So basically, here is what I've figured out.

1. Click on Reports > Embedded Images.

2. Add your new image, remember what you named it.

3. Add an image to your report.

4. Click on the image.

5. Change the Source property to 'Embedded'

6. Change the value property to the name of your embedded image.

That's it! I'm still not sure why the wizard doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment