Thursday, March 29, 2012

Embedded Word Document in RDL

I have a word document that I would to migrate to reporting services
2005. Instead of recreating the word document in reporting services, I
would like to know if I can embed the word document in a report? If
not, what other options are there?
Thanks.If you would like the word document to be hosted by RS then in your project
add a new existing item and then select your Word file. Then you can deploy
it. Note that when you update it and want to redeploy I have found that I
have to delete it from the report server first prior to deployment.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"TCogan" <tcogan@.starcon.org> wrote in message
news:1174500858.861820.168170@.y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
>I have a word document that I would to migrate to reporting services
> 2005. Instead of recreating the word document in reporting services, I
> would like to know if I can embed the word document in a report? If
> not, what other options are there?
> Thanks.
>|||On Mar 21, 1:45 pm, "Bruce L-C [MVP]" <bruce_lcNOS...@.hotmail.com>
wrote:
> If you would like the word document to be hosted by RS then in your project
> add a new existing item and then select your Word file. Then you can deploy
> it. Note that when you update it and want to redeploy I have found that I
> have to delete it from the report server first prior to deployment.
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "TCogan" <tco...@.starcon.org> wrote in message
> news:1174500858.861820.168170@.y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
>
> >I have a word document that I would to migrate to reporting services
> > 2005. Instead of recreating the word document in reporting services, I
> > would like to know if I can embed the word document in a report? If
> > not, what other options are there?
> > Thanks.- Hide quoted text -
> - Show quoted text -
I have tried that and that does work. But I was trying to find the
best way to migrate the word document into an RDL file. I want it to
be an RDL file because I have some other data that I want to
incorporate into the report from a database. I am not sure this can
be done, but I would like to avoid from having to recreate the word
document in an RDL file.|||There might be a third party tool that allows this but not straight out of
the box.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"TCogan" <tcogan@.starcon.org> wrote in message
news:1174503465.010122.233220@.p15g2000hsd.googlegroups.com...
> On Mar 21, 1:45 pm, "Bruce L-C [MVP]" <bruce_lcNOS...@.hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>> If you would like the word document to be hosted by RS then in your
>> project
>> add a new existing item and then select your Word file. Then you can
>> deploy
>> it. Note that when you update it and want to redeploy I have found that I
>> have to delete it from the report server first prior to deployment.
>> --
>> Bruce Loehle-Conger
>> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
>> "TCogan" <tco...@.starcon.org> wrote in message
>> news:1174500858.861820.168170@.y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
>>
>> >I have a word document that I would to migrate to reporting services
>> > 2005. Instead of recreating the word document in reporting services, I
>> > would like to know if I can embed the word document in a report? If
>> > not, what other options are there?
>> > Thanks.- Hide quoted text -
>> - Show quoted text -
> I have tried that and that does work. But I was trying to find the
> best way to migrate the word document into an RDL file. I want it to
> be an RDL file because I have some other data that I want to
> incorporate into the report from a database. I am not sure this can
> be done, but I would like to avoid from having to recreate the word
> document in an RDL file.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment